This is the last beta before LinuxConsole 2.3, that should be out in December.
Why jump from 2.0 ?
What is new ?
- 32 and 64 bits releases
- New installer, based on grub, you can now install LinuxConsole on an empty disk
- You can now install office, graphics and multimedia packages, not only games
- GtK3 and Qt4 libs are now available
Why use it ?
- With the lightweight init script, and minimal daemons, it works fine with old computers
- You can use your computer for gaming (Warning : to use Steam, install 32 bit version, the 64 bit is not multilib compliant
What is inside ?
- Kernel 3.17.2 (64 bits) and 3.14.23 (32 bits)
- LXDE Desktop
- Network Manager, easy tool for wired and wireless network setup
- opkg package manager
- Qupzilla as default web browser
- Firefox and Chrome (install it with package manager)
- Extreme Tux Racer
- Printing tools and drivers (Cups)
- The complete source files is here
Which packages are available ?
- Steam (32 bits only)
- and many more
Feedback is welcome
LinuxConsole 2.3 Beta 3